Fruits and vegetables are very essential in our daily diet because they are fibre foods which are very essential for good health. Examples of fruits and vegetables include apples, banana, corn, beans, nuts, carrots, green beans, peaches, potatoes, strawberries,
cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, watermelon etc.
BENEFITS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES TO THE BODY
1. They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals
2. They reduce the aging process
3.They ensure the proper functioning of the heart.
4. They enhance food digestion because of the high fibre content
5. Corrects intestinal disoders
6. Improves the body's immune system
7. A diet that is more of fruits and vegetable will help prevent obesity
8. Purifies the blood because of the alkaline content
9. Fights constipation
10.Improves the appetite
Fruits and vegetables are better eaten raw or half cooked in order to access their benefits.