SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN PREGNANCY;
1. Absence of menstrual periods
2. Breast changes
5. Mood swings
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN LATE PREGNANCY
1. Heart burn
2.Difficulty in breathing
3. Swelling of ankles or fingers
4. Sensitivity to odours.
5. Abdominal bloating
FACTS ABOUT PREGNANCY
1. A normal pregnancy lasts for about 40 weeks and is divided into three semesters.
2. Vaccination is important in pregnancy.
3. Pregnancy makes you eat more but this should be healthy foods, well balanced with all the classes of food.
4. You gain weight during pregnancy but excessive weight gain should be avoided because it is difficult to loose extra pregnancy weight gained after giving birth
THE FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY
In the first three months of pregnancy, some women experience slight bleeding. This is as a result of the fertilized embryo implanting itself to the uterus. The breast becomes sore and tender, constipation is common
THE SECOND TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY
The second trimester is usually easier than the first. Symptoms like nausea and fatigue are going away. As the baby continues to grow, the abdomen expands. The baby starts moving and the woman may experience body aches, stretch marks on the abdomen, breasts, thighs or buttocks, darkening of the nipples, numb or tingling on hands and itching on abdomen, palms and feet.
THE THIRD TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY
The last weeks of pregnancy is marked with some discomforts like heartburn, varicose veins, tiredness, backache and inability to concentrate.
A pregnant woman should talk to her doctor so that he can discuss the diet she should eat, the exercise she should take and clear up any doubts she may have.