Certain habits are considered unhealthy if someone desires to live a healthy and robust life.Below are some of these habits as well as their consequences;
1. Overeating -This could lead to obesity which is dangerous to health. Eat a well balanced diet regularly.Avoid starving yourself as this could lead to overeating.
2. Sitting all day - This is unhealthy because it slows down the body metabolism.
3. Cooking with the wrong oil - Cooking oils that are saturated with fat could clogg the arteries.
4. Not getting enough sleep - This causes sleepiness during the day, general tiredness,irritability, problems concentrating and poor memory.
5. Not drinking enough water - Drinking enough water helps the body flush wastes and maintain the right temperature. Not drinking enough water leads to dehydration.
6. Grinding your teeth when you are stressed - Constant grinding of ones teeth could wear down the teeth which may result in teeth loss, affect the jaws, cause hearing loss and even change the appearance of the face.
7. Smoking - The list of diseases caused by smoking is endless. They include cataract, cervical cancer, kidney cancer, pneumonia, stomach cancer, throat cancers, chronic lung diseases.
8. Poor diet - Eating too much animal fat causes ill- health. Eating too much fat of any kind leads to weight gain, coronary heart diseases etc.
9. Overweight - Being overweight can have a serious impact on ones health. Conditions like heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis are all conditions caused by excess weight.
10. Snacking non-stop even when not hungry - Choose to snack on fruits and nuts, for example cashew nuts, peanuts, walnuts etc.
11. Spending too much time on the couch watching television - The more time someone spends sitting especially in front of the tv, the shorter and less fulfilling his or her life may be.
12. Overspending and running into debts - Focusing on our goals and how to get to these goals will help us not to over-spend.
13. Too much fast-foods.; Junk food does not contain the nutrients our body needs. They cause fatigue, lack of energy and puts our metabolism under stress.