Wednesday, 28 January 2015
SIMPLE WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR FAT IN TAKE AND EAT WELL
SIMPLE WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR FAT IN-TAKE AND EAT WELL
· * Choose lean poultry and fish.
· Remove all visible fat before cooking. Poultry skin may be removed either before or after cooking.
· Broil or bake instead of frying.
· Reduce serving sizes to two or three ounces and don’t take seconds.
· Replace some meat with beans and grains.
· Use skimmed milk .
· Choose lower – fat cheeses.
· Substitute low – fat or non-fat cheese and yogurt for cream.
· Steam vegetables and saute with one teaspoon of oil or less.
· Use nonstick pans when cooking.
· Season vegetables with herbs and spices instead of butter and sauces.
· Experiment using less oil than is called for, you may however need to increase other liquids.
· Avoid crackers, chips, cookies, and margarines made with hydrogenated oil, palm oil, coconut oil, or cocoa butter.
· Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, grains, bread, pasta, etc to fill you up.
· Eat salads without lacing them with cream.
TO EAT WELL, DO THE FOLLOWING
· Eat a variety of foods.
· Balance the food you eat with physical activity to maintain or improve your weight.
· Choose a diet with plenty of grain products, vegetables and fruits.
· Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
· Choose a diet moderate in sugars.
· Choose a diet moderate in salt and sodium.
· If you drink alcohol, do so moderately.
· Fruits and vegetables are key elements of a good nutrition. They contain lots of fiber, especially when eaten raw.
· One easy way to improve your diet is to drink more water. If you drink other liquids, you can get by but plain water is best.