Wednesday, 28 January 2015
SIMPLE WAYS TO REDUCE YOUR FAT IN-TAKE AND EAT WELL
· * Choose lean poultry and fish.
· Remove all visible fat before cooking. Poultry skin may be removed either before or after cooking.
· Broil or bake instead of frying.
· Reduce serving sizes to two or three ounces and don’t take seconds.
· Replace some meat with beans and grains.
· Use skimmed milk .
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is produced by the human body and is also found in animal products .Cells need cholesterol to function. Unfortunately, any excess cholesterol in the blood builds up inside the arteries. Cholesterol deposits are major causes of heart attacks and strokes. A high cholesterol level in your blood is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke. The higher your cholesterol level, the higher the risk, however not every cholesterol is bad.
Hormone therapy, also called hormone replacement therapy means when a woman is given estrogen or estrogen with progestin to help her cope with or relieve her of the symptoms of menopause or peri-menopause, which include, vaginal dryness, hot flashes, mood swings, brittle bones, to mention a few, which are all as a result of lower hormone levels.