1. Make sure the people around you are people who make you feel good about yourself and not those who encourage you to smoke, eat or drink too much.
2. Choose role models that are strong healthy and real.
3. Find better ways of coping with dissapiontments rejection, boredom instead of resorting to overfeeding. Stock up your refrigerator with fruits and vegetables.
4. Do physical exercises like walking, dancing, yoga, running or other activities you enjoy.
5. Eat a well balanced diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables and low on fats, sugar and salt.
6. Eat foods that are rich in fibre and whole grains too .Foods such as wheat bread, spaghetti, oatmeal.
7. Drink plenty of water as the human body is 65% water. Take at least 8 glasses of water daily .Fruits that are water rich are also good.
8. Strike a balance by setting aside time for leisure. This is a time you relax and do things you really enjoy like watching a movie, browsing, meditation, yoga, massage etc.
9.Get at least 8 hours sleep every day. This allows the body to repair itself and then not affect your mood, concentration,metabolism.
10. Self discipline ; One needs to be disciplined to reach ones goal. Tell yourself things that will keep you disciplined like ; I am worth it, i need to be healthy in order to be able to take care of my family etc.