Tuesday, 20 January 2015


·         For every 100,000 women, about twenty five will suffer from breast cancer.
·         Every woman whether young or old is at risk of breast cancer. It is easier to treat all cancers, including breast cancer if discovered early through routine self-examination, mammography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging. In other words, check yourself regularly and see a doctor if you notice anything strange.
·         Statistics reveal that about 1% of men have breast cancer. When they do, it is more deadly because men's breasts are smaller and have fewer nerves in them. So it is not an exclusively female disease.

·         No one can put his/her finger on the exact cause of breast cancer or the other forms of cancer. What is however known is that certain risk factors such as exposure to environmental pollution, low oxygen supply in the body, stress, weak immune system, lack of exercise, genetic family inheritance and an unnatural lifestyle especially in eating habits can expose people to cancer.
·         Some products may contain substances associated with cancer. For instance, certain anti-perspirant  deodorants contain sweat-blockers like chlorohydrate or aluminium zirconium. Because these compounds prevent sweating in the armpits, the inhibited toxic sweat poses a health threat to the nearest breast, contributing to breast cancer, if care is not taken.
·         A lot of carcinogenic foods, drinks and body products are in circulation today. Be as natural as you can in your diet, medicine, and lifestyle. This is one of the most secure and definite means for preventing cancer.
·         In 2010, there were 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the US. There is still hope, no matter the country you come from.
·         About 5 -10% of breast cancer is caused by inherited gene mutations [this is abnormal changes passed through families]. That means the remaining 85 -90% didn’t get it from their moms or dads.
·         Women who have their first children at a younger age lower their risks of breast cancer, while women who have their first child at an older age [35 and above] double their risk of breast cancer.
·         Women who are overweight and women who have reached menopause have a higher risk of cancer than slimmer and younger women. The number of younger women with cancer is however on the increase, as studies have shown that increase in alcohol intake also increases the risk of breast cancer.

Breast cancer has been found to be one of the commonest kinds of malignant tumour. With better knowledge of this deadly disease especially at the early stage, the hope of a cure is pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment